Following on from a fab MJ/Green Park June roundtable (RT), Green Park put this LG focused report
together. Please share – and read – this important report here.
- Green Park’s Local Government Leadership Report 2018 reveals a chronic lack of ethnocultural diversity across the Public Sector
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) CEOs represent just 3 per cent of the heads of the UK’s Unitary Authorities, County Councils, District Councils, Metropolitan Boroughs and London Boroughs
- Across the Top 20 senior management positions in Local Government organisations, just 3.7 per cent are held by BAME leaders compared to 7.1 per cent in the FTSE 100
- Green Park’s Local Government Leadership 2018 report reveals women are still significantly underrepresented at senior management level in Local Government
- Despite women representing 51 per cent of working age population, they account for just 39 per cent of all senior positions across the UK’s Unitary Authorities, County Councils, Metropolitan Boroughs, London Boroughs and District Councils
The headlines remind us that. there is a long way to go before we see a more balanced representation of groups across our Leadership. This matters because the evidence shows that organisations perform better with more diversity. #thisisastrategicimperative. Looking forward to the follow up RT on 7 Nov.
For more details and to read the official press release please see below: