Hello PPMA members and friends
With the PPMA Annual Conference just days away, this is the final Conference Countdown post. Over the last few weeks we’ve introduced you to our excellent keynote speakers. In addition to those we have many fantastic fringe sessions and of course none of this would be possible without our wonderful sponsors, supporters and partners. So here’s a quick roundup of our fringe activities:
After the morning keynote session from 11:30 to 12:30 there are 4 fringe sessions for you to choose from all based around our ‘Let’s Talk’ theme:
- Let’s Talk: Evidence with Krystyna Gadd from How to Accelerate Learning— in this practical session you will come away with a clear idea of how to get closer to what the organisation needs as well as how to measure it.
- This is an opportunity to meet previous PPMA award winners and learn more about their winning work.
- Let’s Talk: Developing our Organisation with Stuart Hearn from Clear Review. How best to manage employee performance
- Let’s Talk: Digital – with Yazad Dalal from Oracle. How can HR & OD professional harness ICT to support transformation across our world of work
After lunch from 14:00 to 15:00 there are further fringe sessions around the theme of ‘What can HR do to support’:
- Forgotten workers: Dr Andrew Smith from Bradford University School of Management will talk about support for low paid workers with multiple jobs and the need for HR & OD professionals to consider the implications of this for our workforce’s.
- Armed Forces Covenant: Siamha Butt from West Midlands Reserve Forces and Cadets Assoc. & Caroline Miller from West Midlands Police will talk about what role can we play in supporting our employers to work with and help reservists, veterans and forces families
- Ex-offenders: Jacob Hill from Offploy will be sharing his experiences of being on the wrong end of the criminal justice system and the inspiring and trans-formative journey he has since taken in creating a charity supporting other ex-offenders.
Between 16:00 to 17:00 you’ll have the opportunity to join in with one of our wellbeing sessions and workshops which will give you a change to unwind and reflect on the days events. These include: Yoga, Meditation with sound baths & Belly dancing— you will need to book if you’d like to attend one of these sessions.
Annual Gala Dinner: The evening’s festivities begin at 19:00 to 19:45 with a drinks reception followed by the Gala Dinner at 20:00.
Following Karen Grave’s opening session, reflecting on days one and two and the first of the morning’s keynote speaker, we have another 4 fringe sessions for you to choose from. These include:
- ER and legal updates. Mark Greenburgh from Greenburgh & Co. will be sharing the latest legal developments and how we might need to respond.
- Let’s Talk: Future Workforce –The Future of work is Inclusive with Karen Grave PPMA President and Jessica Dolphine from Leeds City Council. We’ll be taking a look in this session at how we can use the language of inclusivity to address some of the challenges we are experience in increasing the representation of all groups in our workforce.
- Let’s Talk: You – An audience with our 2019 Talent Management Programme winners, who are: Hayley Camporese & Daniel John – Apprentices of the Year, Kirsten Moore – Rising Star and Steven Berry – One to Watch.
- Let’s Talk: Transformation – writer and broadcaster Christina Patterson will share how she turned one of the worst ordeals of her professional life into a force for good. Her book ‘ The Art of Not Falling Apart’ chronicles her traumatic experience of leaving employment.
The exhibition will be open throughout the conference and our fabulous exhibitors will look forward to seeing you – these include:
Backhug, Boundless, CAPITA, Clear Review, Core HR, Crown Commercial Services, Hampton Resourcing, Iken, LGA, Maria Paviour, Matrix-SCM, MHR, My Staff Shop, Neyber, Oracle, Osborne Thomas, Penna, Public Sector Show, Real World Group, Selenity, SOLACE, The MJ and Tile Hill
We hope that everyone has a successful and enjoyable time and look forward to seeing you all there!