The PPMA Vision is to be the first choice association for people professionals in public services.
To ensure that we deliver on our vision, our Principal Officers and Board Members have formulated a 2015 – 2018 Business Plan.
The plan outlines 3 key objectives:
– Provide a high value offering for our members
– Position the PPMA as a thought leader and influencer of workforce policy and practice in the public services
– Ensure a sustainable organisation to achieve our mission in future years.
PPMA Principal Officers and Board members work closely to ensure that we deliver on the plans key outcomes.
Our outcomes for 2015 – 2018 are as follows:
– To be the collective voice for the public service HR and OD community, influencing and challenging in a way individual HR and OD practitioners often cannot. Our collective voice is stronger
– To influence positively key decision-makers and stakeholders on people- management and workforce issues. To be in-touch professionally, with strong connections across the entire public services HR and OD community
– To be committed to the development of world-class HR and OD practice in public services and help members add value to their organisations and their own professional development
– To facilitate the shaping and sharing of good practice among members, with a large ‘family’ of specialists to call on, and a diverse and highly experienced Board which works as a team to further the aims of the profession and the PPMA
– To offer significant and value-for-money talent and professional development opportunities to our members via the Rising Stars, PEER, Apprentices and seminar programmes
– To develop and sustain strong relationships with corporate sponsors, recognition from government, the LGA and CIPD for our expertise; delivering a high profile for the Association and its members
– To build strong sector networks and relationships, ready access to good practice, sector intelligence, providing opportunities for members to collaborate on key public service HR and OD issues. To recognise and respond to new requirements for our profession
– To provide thought leadership on today’s key issues for the HR and OD community across public services. To develop a strong brand
– To broaden our appeal to a wider network of public service organisations, individual members of all ages and seniority and corporate sponsors.