Stephen is now off on a very well deserved break, so its over to me and other colleagues to fill the blog spots.
In this blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to say a few words about Stephen and the rest of the PPMA policy board. Under Stephen’s leadership we have seen our organisation go from strength to strength. Our media profile is as high as it’s ever been and our credibility as an organisation is also strong. The organisation has been through incredible change over the past three years but it is now on very firm foundations from which we can continue to grow. The development of the organisation is a team effort and all Members play a role but Stephens influence, leadership and steer have been exceptional. So a very big thank you to him and the rest of the board for all their contributions.
Stephen and I met with Jackie Orme (Chief Executive, CIPD) last week as he mentions in his recent blog post. I felt it was a very productive meeting and I’ve agreed to continue to meet with Jackie throughout next year with the aim of bringing the CIPD and PPMA closer together. I’m delighted that Jackie has agreed to come along to the PPMA Conference next year and will be one of our keynote speakers on the Friday. You should start to see marketing material for the conference in October and watch out for the early bird discount if you book before the end of the year.
The Personnel Today Top 40 Power Players were announced this week. The public sector was better represented than ever with a number of PPMA colleagues featuring in the list including:
- Martin Tiplady, HR Director at the Met Police at No2
- Stephen Moir, PPMA President and Director of People and Policy at Cambridgeshire CC at No7
- Angela O’Connor, Immediate Past president of PPMA and Chief People Officer at the NPIA at No8
- Jim Savage, PPMA lead on pay and Director of HR and OD at Cumbria CC at No14
- Myself, Gillian Hibberd!, Vice President of PPMA and Director of People and Policy at Buckinghamshire CC at No18
- Alan Warner, PPMA Lead on Talent and Director of People and Property at Hertfordshire CC at No24
Well done to everyone in the top 40!
To all blog readers out there, it’s important for the visibility of PPMA that we have members featured in the list, so please vote when you get similar events opportunities in the future.
Have a great weekend.