Our research survey
We have designed a comprehensive survey to capture experiences of bullying, harassment and victimisation across public services. This survey is open to all public service organisations, you don’t need to be a member of PPMA (or the other associations supporting this work).
We have designed the survey so that we can capture as much evidence as is possible. When we talk about evidence, we are not just interested in numbers, we are interested in the emotional, physical and other impacts on people’s working, family and personal lives (to the extent people want to share those).
From a numbers perspective, HR & OD practitioners are usually required to capture volumes of employee relations cases and report on those. We also know that absence rates are influenced by bullying, so we can sometimes draw conclusions from those. But these numbers don’t do justice to the issue. And they are only one side of what it a multi-faceted experience.
The survey is comprehensive – there are a lot of questions and opportunities for you to share your experiences. Please please do so, it will help us deliver a piece of work that helps us for the first time, draw some direct conclusions between bullying, leadership, employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity.
Research questions have been identified for the following people:
- People who have been bullied, harassed or victimised
- People who have witnessed bullying, harassment or victimisation
- People who have been accused of bullying, harassment or victimisation
- HR&OD practitioners involved in managing employee relations cases
- Professionals undertaking bullying, harassment or victimisation investigations
- Legal professionals involved in representing employers or employees
- Trades union representatives involved in supporting people who have been bullied, harassed or victimised
- Recruitment specialists.
You can complete multiple sections of the survey if they apply to you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to participate in this programme. Your contributions will help other people.
Back to #outoftheshadows homepage