We have put together a range of resources for you. They cover books, websites and videos. We’ve provided you with a mixture of materials. Whilst some of the links we have provided offer additional practical support, others – especially the videos we have chosen – are offered to provide encouragement and support. To remind you that you are not alone.
These resources are intended for everyone – they are not specifically for people who are being bullied. We know that for everyone involved in a bullying, harassment or victimisation case, the experience can be very very difficult. And we must remember that for every person bullied, the impact will be felt by others. Employee relations challenges are often the most complex and difficult issues that organisations face. Getting things right can be empowering and inspiring. Getting it wrong can have profound consequences.
We hope you find these resources helpful.
- Academic, Anonymous (26 January 2018). “We need a bigger conversation about bullying in academia”. The Guardian. Retrieved 6 August 2018
- Dr Lucy Betts, Cyberbullying: academic research briefing paper
- Einarsen, Stale; Hoel, Helge; Zapf, Dieter; Cooper, Cary (22 September 2010). Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace: Developments in Theory, Research, and Practice(Second ed.). CRC Press. ISBN 9781439804902
- MAARIT VARTIA, 1996. The sources of bullying–psychological work environment and organizational climate. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 5(2), pp. 203-214
- Mahmoudi, Morteza (2019). “Academic bullies leave no trace” (PDF). Bioimpacts. doi:10.15171/bi.2019.17
- Megan Reitz and John Higgins – Being silenced and silencing others; developing the capacity to speak truth to power (Ashridge Executive Education at Hult International Business School, Research Report, Spring 2017)
- Salin, Denise (22 April 2016). “Ways of Explaining Workplace Bullying: A Review of Enabling, Motivating and Precipitating Structures and Processes in the Work Environment”. Human Relations. 56 (10): 1213–1232
- Samnani, A. K., Singh, P. (2012). 20 Years of workplace bullying research: A review of the antecedents and consequences of bullying in the workplace. Aggression and Violent behavior. Vol.17 No.6 pp. 581–589
- Tamara Parris – Parris, Wolfe & Associates. “Business Costs of Bullying in the Workplace”. OvercomeBullying.org.
Advice for employers and HR & OD Practitioners
Back to #outoftheshadows homepage