There is plenty of research for you to access. We produce our own and our sponsors and partners also produce research. PPMA partners in this theme include Neyber, Maria Paviour Company Ltd and Medigold Health
Current PPMA Research
In 2019/20 we are conducting 2 key pieces of research:
- CARI 2020
At our May 2019 Annual Conference, we announced that we have entered into a strategic partnership with the Maria Paviour Company (MPC) Ltd. This partnership reflects our focus on understanding how Neuroscience influences leadership, employee wellbeing and engagement.
MPC Ltd has developed the Care and Resilience Index (CARI) online questionnaire. Based on extensive academic research, CARI offers a unique approach to understanding individual and organisational wellbeing. We have agreed to support MPC’s CARI 2020 programme, which seeks to capture wellbeing data for a million public service employees. This data will help us understanding what the ‘state of the nation’ is with respect to the public service workforce.
We are running a free pilot for up to 50,000 employees. We are currently conducting the pilot across Greater Manchester. BUT if you are interested in participating, please contact [email protected]. For organisations who want to participate outside the pilot, MPC has agreed a reduce PPMA rate for conducting CARI.
MPC and PPMA will jointly produce research findings on the data captured. The data will be kept fully confidential and we are GDPR compliant on this pilot.
You can find out more about our campaign on bullying, harassment and victimisation here.
The following research comes from a range of sources. Inclusion on our pages does not count as endorsement of a particular organisation, rather it means we find the research of interest to our membership community.
- 21st Century Talent Spotting, Egon Zehnder, Harvard Business Review (HBR)
- Employee Wellbeing Research 2018 – Reward and Employee Benefits Association (REBA)
- Equally Well Campaign, Centre for Mental Health
- Health, work and wellbeing – evidence and research – HM Government Collection
- Hidden Employee Mental Health: 4 reasons organisations fail to find it (link to request report), The Maria Paviour Company Ltd
- How to Support Mental Health at Work, Mental Health Foundation
- How to look after your mental health using exercise, Mental Health Foundation
- How to look after your mental health using mindfulness, Mental Health Foundation
- Measuring Well-being and Progress: Well-being Research – Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Staying healthy and being happy at work – The Easy Read summary of Stevenson Farmer
- The Stevenson/Farmer Review of mental health and employers – Thriving at Work, Stevenson Farmer
- Workplace Wellness: Employee Insight Report, Capita People Solutions
- The Financial Wellbeing Index 2019, Close Brothers and Professor Sir Cary Cooper
Back to the Let’s Talk: Wellbeing homepage